Capital Fair - 2017 WESTERN HORSE SHOW
Friday, August 18 - Saturday, August 19 - Sunday, August 20
at the RIDEAU-CARLETON ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE
3 grueling days √
300 competitors √
over 75,000lbs. of horse √
25 truckloads of sand √
over 1,140ft. of fence rail √
Okay, you probably get the point by now...
PEE-WEE - $2.00 per class
YOUTH - $4.00 per class
OPEN - $8.00 per class
Membership to the GLOUCESTER AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
PEE-WEE & YOUTH - $ 2.00
OPEN - $ 5.00
PEE-WEE CLASSES – $20.00 added
YOUTH CLASSES - $ 50.00 added
If less than 6 participants in one class – will combine with another
Friday, August 18th - 7:00pm
Warm up 4D Open Barrels - $250. added
Saturday, August 19th - 10:00am
PEE-WEE / YOUTH
Barrel Race - Pee-Wee
Dash for Cash - Pee-Wee
Dash for Cash - Youth
Keyhole - Pee-Wee
Keyhole - Youth
Flag Race - Youth
Pole Bending - Youth
NBHA - 1:00pm
4D -Open Barrels - $300. added
Youth Barrels - $150. added
Senior Barrels - $50. added
3D -Pole Bending - $200. added
NBHA - 7:00pm
4D Open Barrels – $300. added
3D Open Pole Bending - $200. added
Sunday, August 20th - 9:00am
Pee-Wee: Barrels, Dash
Youth: Keyhole, Dash
NBHA Open Barrels - $300. added
NBHA Youth Barrels - $150. added
NBHA Senior Barrels - $50. added
NBHA Open Poles - $200. added
NBHA Canada Sanctioned
Welcome to the Capital Fair
To make your stay more pleasant please take note of the following information;
b) Due to space limitations please tether your horses as close to your trailers as possible.
c) No corrals or fenced exercise areas are permitted in the camping area.
d) Power and/or running water is not available. Access to non-potable water will be available at the horse ring water trough.
e) No open fires are permitted.
f) No unsecured dogs are permitted on the property. Race horses and loose dogs do not go together.
RULES and REGULATIONS
1. Rain or Shine, the show will be held.
2. All exhibitors must pay the membership with entry fees, for the fair and for National Barrels Horse Association 2017.
3. Peewee – ages 10 and under, as of January 1, 2017 – Youth – ages 18 and under as of January 1, 2017 – Senior – ages 18 and over, as of January 1, 2017 – Open – all ages. Proof of age may be required.
4. NBHA – Open – all ages / Youth – 18 and under / Senior – 50 and over.
5. All horses must have a negative Coggins test of the current year.
6. Participants will abide by Quarter Horse Association Rules.
7. Losing your hat - 5 second penalties in all classes.
8. Barrels or poles down – 5 second added in Peewee and Youth – disqualification in Senior and Open.
9. Exhibitors must be ready when their class is called or their entry will be refused. This rule will be strictly enforced by the Ring Steward.
10. Prize money will be given on the day of the Fair.
11. Entry fees will not be refunded unless the show is canceled by the Gloucester Agricultural Society.
12. Entries: Entries must be sent in before August 21st 2017, after this date $20 late fee will apply. No entries will be accepted on the day of the show – only minor changes. Entry fees must be paid daily one hour before the show begins - CASH ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS.
13. Directors reserve the right to adjust the payout if needed.
14. Judges and Directors decisions are final. Any interference and complaints to the judge or directors by any exhibitors will not be tolerated.
15. Proof of Liability Insurance (no less than one (1) million dollars) must be produced with entries by the owner for all shows and exhibitions of animals or the exhibitor will not be allowed to show their animals.
The Fair assumes no responsibility for
liability insurance for the exhibitors
WESTERN GYMKANA - RULES
(total of horses may change the pay-out format)
SPONSORS & MEDIA
The Gloucester Agricultural Society
HOME OFFICE: 2149 Hubbard Crescent, Ottawa ON K1J 6L3
FAIRGROUNDS: Rideau Carleton Entertainment Centre
4837 Albion Road, Ottawa ON K1X 1A3
Program details subject to change without notice
webhosting provided by: Travel-net.com © copyright 2014 Capital Fair